When you wake up in the morning, your body jumps out of bed, gets ready, and is all set to start your day. What happens next? Either you guzzle on a glass of water and head downstairs to grab a cup of coffee and head out for your morning workout… or somewhere in between when you check your phone, catch up on Facebook and Instagram posts from your friends or maybe check your email before heading out of your bedroom...
Importance of morning drinks
Drinking plenty of water will help ensure that your body is hydrated, which helps your skin stay moist and supple. Starting the day by sipping one or two liters of water helps clear all metabolic waste from the body and, in turn, leads to clear skin. This makes fine lines and wrinkles less noticeable, and it can also improve the appearance of acne. Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning is a great way to get started on your daily quota of eight glasses per day.
How about starting your day with a homemade fresh juice or any other health drink? Morning health drinks are usually considered to be those which are consumed before breakfast and offer a garden-like bouquet of benefits. At the start of these, the right drink can set you up for a positive day, but more importantly, a more productive one. Few things are as important in your life as morning drinks are. During the working week, mornings are usually rushed, chaotic, and stressful.
When we wake up in the morning, it's our skin that greets the world. Beauty starts from your inside. Yes, we all know how important good skin care products can be. While a healthy, glowing complexion is affected by various lifestyle factors, it also needs a dash of nutrition every once in a while.
Morning drinks for clear, glowing skin
We all know that what we eat directly affects our skin, but did you know that what you drink in the morning can make a huge difference too? Like how your stomach will let you know when it needs food, your skin will let you know when it's craving something specific. If you're having issues with breakouts, dullness, or dryness, your body is telling you that it's missing certain nutrients. Before heading to the dermatologist or beauty counter, try out these healthy and delicious morning drinks to help get your skin back into tip-top shape.
- Lemon water: Lemons are rich in Vitamin C and citric acid, which help flush out toxins from your body and help you stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Fruit juice: Fruit juices are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, which will help to improve the tone of your skin. They also contain natural sugars that will help you wake up with energy and give your internal organs a boost. If you're not a morning person, fruit juice may be the thing for you!
- Coconut water: It has more electrolytes than any other commercially available beverages and is great for keeping your skin hydrated and nourished.
- Vegetable juices: Vegetables like spinach and kale work to balance the body's pH levels for healthy, glowing skin. Drinking green juice daily can help reduce inflammation in the body and improve your complexion from the inside out. A green juice made with spinach, kale, cucumber, lemon, and ginger—it's great because it has tons of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Turmeric tea: Drinking turmeric tea helps with skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis. It can also help prevent wrinkles from forming and reduce the appearance of existing wrinkles by evening out your skin tone.
- Almond milk: Because almonds contain vitamin E, they have been shown to prevent sun damage, promote collagen production, and help protect the skin from ultraviolet radiation. Almond milk also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for treating acne scars.
- Green tea: Green tea contains natural antioxidants, which protect cells from damage and has anti-aging properties. It's also high in l-theanine, an amino acid that promotes relaxation and helps reduce stress levels.
There are lots of ways to wake your skin and body up in the morning: a quick jog, a visit to the gym, or even some good old-fashioned stretching. But what is often overlooked is how you start your day with a healthy drink.
Finally! Will you try any of these drinks today? We want to hear from you, so tell us your story and share this post with others! Let us know what you think of your new morning drink regimen. Is this a step in the right direction for your skin, or was it a waste of your money? You may have to experiment and discover which drinks work best for you in the end. However, before beginning any new morning routine, it's recommended that you consult your physician to avoid any unwanted complications.
First step to get the best version of your skin is to understand your skin type, issues, and, needs... Take our Free skin analysis now.