Hello everyone! this is Dr.Swabhavika.
Today I’ll be sharing my thoughts on something important: SAFE SUNSCREEN. Are you using your sunscreen even while staying indoors?
If “YES” then you’re doing a great job keep it up!✅
If “NO” then please do read my blog to know why sunscreen is very essential in our daily lives
Many of us think that we’re being protected from the sun while we’re staying indoors and that there’s no need to apply sunscreen.
Proper sun protection is your best defense against many skin conditions like melasma, hyperpigmentation, post-acne blemishes, skin ageing and skin cancers.
First of all, I would like to explain why sunscreen is important even while you’re staying indoors. Sources of radiation when you stay indoors are:-
1) TV SCREENS
3) LAPTOP SCREENS
4) KITCHEN HEAT
6) PHONE SCREENS
Worried about selecting your sunscreen?☹
Here’s a few tips to keeping in mind while purchasing your sunscreen
1) Broad spectrum [Protects from UVA and UVB]
2) SPF 30 or higher [Protects from sunburn]
3) Water resistant [Sunscreen should be re-applied after swimming and sweating ]
4) Look for active ingredients like ZINC OXIDE/ TITANIUM DIOXIDE.
SUN-PROTECTION DO’S AND DON’TS
Practice #safesun by following these tips:
1) Try to avoid the sun especially between 10 AM and 2 PM.
2) Apply sunscreen at least 15 minutes before going out.
3) Be careful when interacting with water, snow and sand as they reflect the sun‘s rays.
1) Don’t forget to apply sunscreen to parts of your body that are not covered by clothing.
2) Avoid sun tanning indoors and outdoors as tanning may lead to sun burns.
3) Apply sunscreen sufficiently (a minimum quantity of 1 oz is required for adults to fully cover their body)
Let me tell you how to use sunscreen properly:
Apply sunscreen once in 3 hours.
Recommended usage of sunscreen usually begins from 8am-11am-2pm.
MANY OF MY CLIENTS ASK ME THESE QUESTIONS. HOPE IT WILL HELP YOU ALL TOO:
1) CAN I USE MY MOISTURIZER BEFORE USING MY SUNSCREEN?
A) YES! YOU DEFINITELY NEED TO APPLY MOISTURIZER PRIOR TO SUNSCREEN (A MINIMUM GAP OF AT LEAST 2-3 MINUTES IS REQUIRED)
2) CAN I APPLY VITAMIN C SERUM DURING THE DAY ALONG WITH MY SUNSCREEN?
A) YES, YOU CAN BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TEST THE VITAMIN C SERUM BEFORE USING IT EVERYDAY. THE PROCESS OF APPLYING VITAMIN C SERUM IS: MOISTURIZER, VITAMIN C SERUM AND DON’T FORGET TO APPLY SUNSCREEN.
SOME MORE FACTS !!
1) SUNSCREEN CAN ALSO BE USED DURING PREGNANCY
KAILON SPF 40 is a physical sunscreen which contains active ingredients like ZINC OXIDE which is completely safe during pregnancy.